Tuesday, June 30, 2009

coming soon: bridal portraits * for now: my children

Saturday morning I took on a brand new adventure in photography - bridal portraits. I am not gonna lie, I was feeling the pressure - until we got started. I remember my bridal portraits (almost thirteen years ago) - indoor, white background (with a white dress), small studio, hated the hairdo, the whole shoot does not bring up a good memory. I did love my dress though, with it's biggo bow. Looking back, the pictures turned out better than I thought and I still enjoy seeing the 10x13 hanging in my mom's living room. And, I don't even notice the hair that I was so frustrated with - only how skinny I was back then. And that adds a whole new outlook to the bad memories - past and present.

I am saying all of that just to say that I know how important bridal portraits are. You have to have a great picture to blow up and set out on the big day. The photos will hang in many living rooms, for many years. They're pictures your children will cherish as they get older and start to consider or dream of their wedding day. There are so many images to capture, the most important being the emotion of happiness; there's the dress and all of it's elegance; the bouquet with it's significance and color; the ring that seals the deal just as it stole her heart; the shoes that will walk her down the path to forever and the smile that she wears because her future is certain. I was able to capture many photos of all of these things and have since heard from the bride who is very pleased. (Pleased enough to be coming back for engagement photos.) I wish that I could share these with you but it will be after October 24th. If you would like to see some as a reference, we can talk about that. The bridal portraits were taken at the Rockwall harbor with a variety of great (natural) backgrounds. Thanks, Staci, for letting me a part of this amazing time in your life! To the rest of you, stay tuned!

We celebrated my daughter's 6th birthday luau style last weekend and I caught a picture of all three of my kids smiling so I have to post this, as it is a rare occasion. And then, I have a picture of my blue-eyed girl enjoying one of her aloha cupcakes, made especially by Nana.

I hope you are enjoying your summer. I am staying busy and love every minute. I have lots of shoots on the calendar and many of you inquiring for July. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to capture your precious memories while doing something that I enjoy so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment